How To Install Minecraft Mods
There are two things you need to do before you can install mods.
The three things are (the detailed steps are below):
- Install Minecraft latest version and change the Launcher version to match Forge version.
- Install Minecraft Forge version (1.7.10) to match the Mod version (1.7.10) see below.
- Finally you can download and install the Mod for version 1.7.10.
Copy the jar file to 'mods' folder
Restart Minecraft and select Forge 1.7.10
How To Install Minecraft Forge
- Download Forge from here https://files.minecraftforge.net/
- Download the 'Installer'
- Install via 'java -jar' or right click open with 'Jar Launcher.app'
- Launch Minecraft and change Launcher to Forge
- Start Forge once to create the 'mods' folder
How To Install Minecraft Mod
- Search for Minecraft Mod (best site with most mods here http://www.9minecraft.net/)
- Click the Mod you want to install
- Scroll down and select the version that matches your Minecraft Forge (1.7.10)
- Copy the jar file to 'mods' folder
Here's a list of sites where you can also download Mods.
- Read carefully the 'How to install' for the Mod by the original devleoper.
- Some mods require other mods to be installed.